The WALTER HELTRONIC DIAMOND is the door to the future of PCD tooling – based on the Helitronic Vision
The market for polycrystalline diamond (PCD) tools is growing fast in both the metal and woodworking industries. The reason is simple: PCD tools offer up to 300 times the life of normal tungsten carbide tools. If you want the competitive edge in making these tools—explore the Helitronic Diamond’s unique approach and features.
With its Two-in-One concept, the HELITRONIC DIAMOND opens the door to the future market of PCD tools specifically for metal machining.
Eroding of PCD and conventional grinding on ONE machine according to the motto: Eroding where necessary - Grinding where possible all with surface qualities of RA up to 0.1 µm.
- Stock removal up to 2.6 times faster than competing machines
- Surface finish down to Ra 4 µin. (0.1µm)
- Erosion machine and two-spindle grinder—Enter the growing PCD market without dedicating a machine to it
- Contour EDG for a wider variety of tools
- Easy setup on the machine or an office PC so machine stays productive
- Direct drives in all axis with incredible acceleration & speed (up to 2,000 IPM)
- Patented “acceleration proof” mineral casting (machine weight 16,500 lb.)
- HELITRONIC TOOL STUDIO software combines ease of use with infinite flexibility
- Automatic Smart Probe quickly measures and positions the cutting edge and compensates for any skew or bow in the PCD insert
- Optional autoloader for up to 504 tools
Mineral cast machine bed in gantry design
Hollowshaft Motor workhead (750 rpm)
Motor peak performance:
30 KW/10,500 rpm
Helitronic Tool Studio
WALTER Window Mode (WWM): P1, P2, P3, P51, P52, P18
Maximum grinding wheel diameter:
Fire Extinguishing System
Complete grinding tool diameter/tool length:
320 mm (400 mm)/300 mm
Maximum tool length peripheral grinding:
Minimum tool diameter (grinding):
Maximum tool diameter for saw blades (erosion):
3 mm - 40 mm
The maximum tool dimensions are dependent on the type and geometry of the tool as well as the processing form.