- Compact two-slide machine for cylindrical grinding of shaft-type workpieces up to 650 mm in length, height of centers 220 mm
- Highly productive cross-slide machine for mass production
- Simultaneous complete machining of complex workpieces in tension with max. 4 grinding wheels
- Machine table position at 20° angle for optimal rigidity
- Use of CBN grinding wheels up to 480 mm Ø
- Digital drives for high-precision axis positioning
- Machine bed with optimal damping properties
- 1-2 swivel additional grinding spindles for grinding further contours , even at closely juxtaposed grinding points (min. 20 mm)
- Portal loading system
- Two workheads for high productivity application
- Robot automation
The ShaftGrind L2 comprises a welded steel construction machine bed, which is partially filled with mineral aggregate. As a result it possesses good damping characteristics and favorable thermal behavior, similar to Granitan®.
With the patented SCHAUDT swivel-in spindle, the ShaftGrind L2 can be equipped with up to four grinding wheels. The spindle is mainly equipped with ceramic CBN wheels. Galvanically supported or metal-bound tools are also available.
The ShaftGrind L2 features a high-precision, directly powered workhead with excellent runout characteristics. The rigid design of the directly powered spindle makes the headstock suitable for clamping with MK4 center points as well as for chuck operation.
The ShaftGrind L2 is equipped with a glide bearing tailstock quill with a stroke of 75 mm that is characterized by its increased rigidity. The 15 mm diameter centering spindle holder is suitable for both fixed and rotating spindles with highly accurate running characteristics and different block dimensions.
The B-axis offers the best solution with its three grinding spindles for each machining task. It can be swivelled to any angle within the 240º tilt range. In this way, even shoulders can be ground in a beveled or tapered manner without a profiled grinding wheel.
By further developing the multi-wheel technology synchronization process, all round features of a workpiece can be slid into just one groove. This reduces the switching time to a minimum and accordingly increases the productivity of the machine.
High-precision in-process measuring heads can be used without problem in the ShaftGrind L2. Measurement occurs during the grinding process and eliminates the need for manual corrections by the machine operator. As a result auxiliary times are shortened significantly, and cycle times are reduced.
Swivel-in measuring probe
The ShaftGrind L2 is optionally equipped with a swivel-in measuring probe. This is mounted on the cross slide, which results in tremendous flexibility without additional set-up. The swivel-in process occurs pneumatically or hydraulically, depending on the version.
Double grinding stations
For particularly high productivity applications, ShaftGrind L2 can be equipped with two grinding stations. These are supplied with workpieces by a compact robot. This makes it possible to significantly increase the application of the machine.
ShaftGrind L2 can be equipped with a compact robot that is protected against oil and water according to IP 67. The Run MyRobot software interface combined with the Sinumerik 840D sl control system makes it easy to control the machine and robot via a central control panel with a convenient user interface.
WOP-G programming interface
The WOP-G programming system makes programming of cylindrical workpiece contours easy and fast. From a few specifications, harmonious speed profiles are created that can be adjusted in a variable way. WOP-G also allows reading of contour data via a data table.
- Maintenance and service-friendly control SIEMENS SINUMERIK 840D sl
- Easy programming of geometries with SCHAUDT WOP-G software