- Working range 1.5...35 mm, plunge length up to 245 mm
- Highest values in cycle time and cost effectiveness
- Short set-up and changeover times
- Thermally stable, vibration-damping GRANITAN® machine bed
- Cross-slide systems for grinding and regulating wheels
- Grinding spindles mounted on hybrid bearings for max. 150 m/s
- Exact reproducibility of grinding results, even in tolerance ranges of ±0.5 µm
- Designed for mass production
- Highest safety standard thanks to full enclosure
- Plunge grinding
- Throughfeed grinding
- 6° angular plunge-cut
- Plunge grinding in mass production
- Oscillation grinding
- Grinding of multiple operations in one cycle by offsetting the workpiece or the grinding wheel
Granitan® machine bed
The basis of the KRONOS S is the proven Granitan® machine base with excellent damping characteristics. High thermal stability ensures temporary temperature fluctuations are extensively compensated and a high capacity to hold the tolerance can be guaranteed throughout the day.
Cross slide system
The KRONOS S 250 has a fixed grinding zone. All infeed and compensation movements are conducted by the cross slide system on the grinding wheel side (X1-axis / Z2-axis) and the cross slide system on the regulating wheel side (X4-axis / Z3-axis).
Modular dressing system
Depending on the grinding task, stationary dressing tools such as diamond blades and single-point diamonds or rotating dressing tools such as diamond dressing discs or diamond profile rolls are available. Dressing of the regulating and grinding wheel occurs in the center of the machine on the workpiece plane. This way highest accuracies are achieved.
The grinding wheel width is a maximum of 250 mm with a bore diameter of 203.2 mm. The grinding spindle mounted on hybrid bearings is suitable for use with conventional grinding wheels as well as superabrasive cutting materials such as CBN or diamond.
The regulating spindle is portal-mounted with high precision pre-tensioned spindle bearings. The regulating spindle allows for the use of 250 mm wide regulating wheels. The drive is a digital servo motor and V-ribbed belt driven by a clutch, free of lateral forces.
The KRONOS S comes with a SIEMENS SINUMERIK 840D sl control system as standard. MIKROSA has integrated a special operator interface for centerless grinding into the SIEMENS interface. The added symbols and icons are easy to understand and make programming even easier.
- Maintenance and service friendly SIEMENS Sinumeric 840D sl control system
- Heureeka - special MIKROSA softwarefor optimizing the grinding zone geometry