- Working range 5...250 mm, plunge length up to 655 mm
- Thermally stable, vibration-damping GRANITAN® machine bed
- Slide systems for grinding and regulating wheel side
- CBN-capable up to 120 m/s
- Hydrodynamic grinding and regulating spindles
- Short set-up times thanks to modular dressing system
- Designed for mass production
- User-specific software for all centerless grinding requirements
- Highest safety standard thanks to full enclosure
- Plunge grinding
- Throughfeed grinding
- Plunge grinding in mass production
Granitan® machine bed
The basis of the KRONOS L is the proven Granitan® machine base with excellent damping characteristics. High thermal stability ensures temporary temperature fluctuations are extensively compensated and a high capacity to hold the tolerance can be guaranteed throughout the day.
The workpiece support for the KRONOS L 660 is fixed in the center of the machine. All infeed and compensation movements are executed with the help of the grinding slide (X1-axis) and the regulating wheel slide (X4-axis). This enables easy automation of the machine.
Modular dressing system
Depending on the grinding task, stationary dressing tools such as diamond blades and single-point diamonds or rotating dressing tools such as diamond dressing discs or diamond profile rolls are available. The dressing times can be reduced to a minimum through the optional use of acoustic gap control for dressing detection.
The grinding wheel width is a maximum of 660 mm with a bore diameter of 304.8 mm. The grinding spindle is mounted on roller bearings and features with maintenance-free permanent grease lubrication. The use of hybrid bearings is optionally available to allow grinding with superabrasive cutting materials such as CBN or diamond. The grinding spindle is driven by a torsion bar free of lateral forces.
The regulating spindle is portal-mounted with high precision pre-tensioned spindle bearings. The regulating spindle allows for the use of 660 mm wide regulating wheels. The drive is provided by a digital servo motor and transmission. The adjustable regulating wheel inclination of +7°/-3° enables throughfeed grinding in both directions.
The KRONOS L comes with a SIEMENS SINUMERIK 840D sl control system as standard. MIKROSA has integrated a special operator interface for centerless grinding into the SIEMENS interface. The added symbols and icons are easy to understand and make programming even easier.
- Maintenance and service friendly SIEMENS Sinumeric 840D sl control system
- Heureeka - special MIKROSA softwarefor optimizing the grinding zone geometry