- Compact cross-slide machine for cylindrical and noncircular grinding of shaft-type workpieces up to 1,600 mm in length, height of centres 220 mm
- Highly productive two-slide machine for large-scale manufacturing with up to 5 grinding spindles
- Complete machining in a single clamping
- Arrangement of machine table at 20° angle for optimal rigidity
- Use of CBN grinding wheels up to 480 mm Ø
- Digital drives for high-precision axis positioning
- Machine bed with optimal damping characteristics
- Consistent separation of wet and dry areas for high ease of maintenance of the complete system
- Swivel-in second grinding spindle
- B-axis in the optimum configuration with up to 3 grinding spindles
- Portal loading system
The CamGrind XL comprises a welded steel construction, which is partially filled with mineral aggregate. As a result it possesses good damping characteristics and favorable thermal behavior, similar to Granitan®.
Thanks to SCHAUDT‘s patented swivel-in spindle, the CamGrind XL can be additionally equipped with up to five grinding wheel. The spindle is mainly equipped with ceramic CBN wheels. Electroplated or metal-bonded tools can also be used.
The CamGrind XL features a high-precision, directly powered workhead with excellent runout characteristics. The rigid design of the directly powered spindle makes the headstock suitable for clamping with MK4 center points as well as for chuck operation.
The hydraulically actuated slide tailstock of the CamGrind XL has a stroke of 150 mm. The tailstock can therefore be used for various workpieces without any set-up time. Monitoring of several clamping positions is also possible. The clamping pressure can be continuously adjusted manually.
The B-axis with its three grinding spindles offers the optimal solution for every machining task. Any angle can be swiveled to within the swiveling range of 240°. This enables grinding of flat shoulders using the angular plunge method or taper grinding using the plunge method without profiled grinding wheel.
High-precision in-process measuring heads can be used without problem in the CamGrind XL. Measurement occurs during the grinding process and eliminates the need for manual corrections by the machine operator. As a result auxiliary times are shortened significantly, and cycle times are reduced.
Swivel-in measuring probe
The CamGrind XL is optionally equipped with a swivel-in measuring probe. This is mounted on the cross slide, which results in tremendous flexibility without additional set-up. The swivel-in process occurs pneumatically or hydraulically, depending on the version.
WOP-G programming interface
The WOP-G programming system enables quick and easy programming of cylindrical and noncircular workpiece contours. From just a few inputs WOP-G creates harmonic speed profiles, which can be variably adapted. This enables combination machining of concave and convex profiles in a single clamping with the highest precision.
- Maintenance and service friendly SIEMENS Sinumeric 840D sl control system
- Simple programming of cam profiles with WOP-S software