MIAMISBURG, Ohio, May 18, 2018 – At IMTS 2018, UNITED GRINDING North America will bring together a robust display of the latest advancements from the company’s surface and profile, cylindrical and tool and cutter grinding divisions. Visitors to booth #236802 will see demonstrations on new machines from the MÄGERLE, BLOHM, STUDER, MIKROSA, WALTER and EWAG brands and have the opportunity to consult with application engineers about the specific grinding challenges today’s shops are up against.
A highlight of the event will be the North American debut of the MÄGERLE MFP 51 grinding and machining center, an exceptionally productive, high-performance machine. As a 5- or 6-axis system, the MFP 51 combines flexibility and performance into a single, powerful design that takes manufacturing quality, safety and cost efficiency to new levels. This technology performs grinding, milling and drilling in a single part clamping, which dramatically improves productivity. Plus, spindle speeds of up to 10,000 rpm guarantee high-precision machining. Other new technologies on display include:
- The BLOHM PROFIMAT XT, a robust, high-performance grinding machine ideal for a wide variety of applications that require high metal removal rates
- The STUDER favoritCNC 1600mm, a universal machine designed for grinding medium-sized workpieces in individual or batch production and offers exceptional price-performance ratio
- The latest generation of STUDER-WireDress, the machine-integrated dressing technology for metal-bonded grinding wheels
- The redesigned WALTER HELITRONIC POWER 400 and WALTER HELITRONIC POWER DIAMOND 400, which offer 35 percent more workpiece space with the capability to grind tools up to 14.96" in length
- A production version of flexLoad automation system integrated with a MIKROSA KRONOS centerless cylindrical grinding machine In addition to advanced technologies, UNITED GRINDING will present a time-lapsed video of a complete machine tear-down and rebuild to illustrate the company’s expertise at providing rebuild services, as well as its philosophy of total lifecycle solutions that go beyond after-sales spare parts and service to include machine upgrade, rebuilds and other innovative concepts.
The company will also demonstrate Digital Solutions such as Remote Service, IT Security and the Production and Service Monitor solutions, including a three-screen monitoring set up that puts entire production floors at operators’ fingertips. For the latest information on UNITED GRINDING, visit www.grinding.com.
About United Grinding North America, Inc.
United Grinding North America Inc., a subsidiary of the UNITED GRINDING Group, represents a union of leading companies in grinding and ultra-precise finishing solutions for the manufacturing industry. Through its surface and profile grinding, cylindrical grinding and tool grinding technology groups, the company sells and supports precision machines for grinding, eroding, laser ablation, combination machining and measuring under the MÄGERLE, BLOHM, JUNG, STUDER, SCHAUDT, MIKROSA, WALTER and EWAG brands. Headquartered in Miamisburg, Ohio, UNITED GRINDING North America is ISO 9001 certified to ensure quality in product development, production, shipping and support operations. Learn more at grinding.com.